Classic

This forum contains information you will find useful in using PGLS. If you have any suggestions for content in here please let us know.
UK1
Steam Profile name (Required): lzUK1

Classic

Post by UK1 »

very unfair having a comp on a pay course not all people can afford them
MiMiC

Re: Classic

Post by MiMiC »

Hi UK1,

The event is not part of our overall Order of Merit, instead being a Medal competition.

PG Classics is the one event which, when announced, we said we would make exception for to play pay courses. No other PGLS events will use them... even ones where players want the PP course to match real-life play!

As many players who complain that a pay course is used, just as many say that it is good to be able to realize their investment in a pay course in a game environment.

Mike

MiMiC
Seasider47
Steam Profile name (Required): skeggy47
Has Liked: 61 times
Been Liked: 127 times

Post by Seasider47 »

I aggree that the weekly Tournaments like PGA9 PGA18 and Stableford should use community courses only so that there is no restriction on anyone useing. But I welcome the opportunity to play these well constructed courses in a tour conditions. I have been purchasing these courses since the start, those of us who used to play links have long admired the work of Mike Jones and others and enjoy these beautifal designed courses. I find it hard to believe that $6 is too high a price for people to afford (its the price of a couple of drinks), when you also consider that once u have paid for the game (which is well under the average you would pay for a game), then there is no other payment, no monthly payment etc, to me it is a small price to pay to put back into the game. But you make the choice whether to buy or not, but I praise PGLS for giving us who have these courses the opportunity to play them in a prestigious tour. Thank you.
Nickel3rd

Post by Nickel3rd »

WOW, 6 whole dollars maximum for a course......are you kidding? VERY unfair........are you kidding? if you are a kid your school lunch probably cost less.
UK1 wrote:very unfair having a comp on a pay course not all people can afford them
LES1959
Steam Profile name (Required): LES1959

Post by LES1959 »

come on guys not everyone is in a well paid job, or even working, $6 may be a lot of money to some people, and i personally will not put any more money into jnpg untill i know where the game is going if anywhere
Some people are like slinkies. Not much good for anything but bring a smile to your face when you push them downstairs!
hbthree
Steam Profile name (Required): hbthree

Post by hbthree »

OMG...why does it have to be "right" or "wrong" to pay for courses and, or how much or whether they are used in competition at PGLS...hope you all have something more important in your lives to squabble about!
cubbies645
Steam Profile name (Required): Aristotle
Has Liked: 285 times
Been Liked: 52 times

Post by cubbies645 »

U know what bugs me is people putting a value on or an statement without the knowledge of another persons life and situation, 6 dollars my not seem to be alot, but to some it is when u live on a budget and there are health concerns that my hamper the ability to make this feasible, to judge another on a money value is reckless and insulting, playing games on steam is an escape to relax and enjoy a break from the sadness of life. Intelligence is measured in many forms not the amount of our bank account, to see beyond the the pain of money allows a more enriched and psychological view point. Thank you for listening..
maxie
Steam Profile name (Required): maxie
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by maxie »

Very true cubbies but one comp with a paid course is no big deal, pgls provide many free comps on free courses, i could see a point if there were few comps/tours but there are many to play
DoGgs

Steam Profile name (Required): fluid druid

Post by DoGgs »

I think the key here is the fact that its not an order of merit event, i do not have muirfield, i can afford the $6 but like Les said " where is PG going" i'm not convinced we will see PG2 and with no more improvements for this version i don't want to spend anymore. I purchased Bethesda and Troon and although they are well made courses i find them boring to play. The fact its a medal event only is fine by me, i'll just sit it out this week.
Legitimate controller player *verified*
BladeRunner

Post by BladeRunner »

I don't have any pay courses myself, but I think its nice that tournaments are offered to those that do.

Return to “General Discussion”