PGLS PG Courses Checker Utility

This forum contains information you will find useful in using PGLS. If you have any suggestions for content in here please let us know.
Armand
Steam Profile name (Required): Armand
Been Liked: 5 times

Re: PGLS PG Courses Checker Utility

Post by Armand »

1. Open Steam
2. On the left side of the window, it lists the games you have (including JNPG)
3. Right-click on JNPG and choose 'Properties'
4. Switch to the 'Local Files' tab
5. Click on the button 2nd from the bottom that says 'Verify Integrity of Game Files...'

This should then check and download any game file that is missing or damaged, thus restoring your Muirfield course file.
spy88
Steam Profile name (Required): spy88

Post by spy88 »

Thank you very much Mark and Armand. That did it and back in business!
Mwh65
Site Admin
Steam Profile name (Required): Mwh65
Has Liked: 146 times
Been Liked: 404 times

Post by Mwh65 »

No problem and thanks to Armand for putting up the "How To" :good:
Mark Holliday (Mwh65)
(PGLS Owner)

PGLS is not affiliated in any way with the game creator Perfect Parallel.
To donate to PGLS click here
Bilbad
Steam Profile name (Required): Bilbad
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by Bilbad »

This morning when I ran the course checker, it told me to update Quail Hollow from ver. v_x2 to v_x3, which I duly did, but when I ran it again it told me I had two versions, so I deleted v_x2. Then when I ran it again, it told me I needed to get v_x2. When I looked in the "Up to date" list, there was no Quail listed. So I replaced the missing ver. leaving both in the folder. Now in the "up to date" list it says Quail Hollow club is up to date but in the "May need checking" section it shows both Quail vers. and says I may have a duplicate. Any idea Mark?
Bilbad
Steam Profile name (Required): Bilbad
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by Bilbad »

I've rebooted my PC and run the checker again after opening JNPG and playing the 1st hole on Quail to confirm I have the course. When I ran the checker there is no Quail showing in the "Up to date" section and it tells me I need the earlier ver. For some reason the new ver. isn't registering with the checker unless I leave both versions in the course folder.
MiMiC

Post by MiMiC »

The version was out of date on our database and has now been updated.

Mike

MiMiC
Armand

Post by Armand »

Still using and enjoying the PGLS Course checker utility, but I have one feature request in case there is a future update. For whatever reason, the utility doesn't detect my courses folder (on my D:\ drive). It's great that I can override and select the folder myself, but I wonder if there could be something that would save this alternate folder so I don't need to select it each time?

It's a very minor issue, but when I forget that folder location, it takes me a couple of minutes to check where exactly the courses are installed! I'm not sure this is possible, since the utility runs completely without any installation or writing any files to the hard drive - thus I'm not sure how it could store my delinquent path. Nonetheless, I'm throwing out the idea as a possible (future) enhancement. :biggrin:
MiMiC

Post by MiMiC »

Hi Armand,

The utility should be finding your Steam Courses folder, as it is actually contained within the Steam.dll which it references.

Could you explain a little more about your set-up, double check you do not have two instances of Steam installed with differing locations, and also that you are not using and dynamic links as your Courses target.

Mark is presently on vacation but is back in a couple of days, and he will be able to shed more light on exactly where and how we derive what should be your courses location.

Mike
Armand

Post by Armand »

Hi Mike,

I had Steam and PG installed on my C:\ drive in the default location, but that drive became full (I'm blaming that due to too many courses!). I moved PG to my D:\ drive using the first procedure here https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -YUBN-8129. I don't think I moved all of my games, but when I look at it now, perhaps I did!

And now that I look and read that procedure again, I don't ever remember uninstalling the Steam client from C:\ and reinstalling it to D:\_Games. I conclude that Steam is currently installed on my C:\ drive, but all of my game files are on the D:\ drive. It therefore makes sense that the utility always seems to look in the default C: location and reports that I'm missing all courses! This appears to be an ID-10-T error ....

******* UPDATE *******

I did actually have 2 games still on my C:\ drive and all the rest on my D:\ drive. So, I moved the last 2 games to D:\ and then moved the Steam folder from C:\ to D:\. PG works just fine, as does the course checker utility!
:joy:

Mike/Mark ... you guys can ignore this post; I suspect I got part way through those instructions, and once I freed up space on my C: and PG still worked, that is where I stopped reading the procedure.
MiMiC

Post by MiMiC »

Thanks for the feedback Armand. We will still look at it and see if we can improve that aspect of the folder search, but obviously split installations and manual movements will wrong-foot any smart stuff we have tried to include.

Return to “General Discussion”