Graphics card question

Post here anything to do with technical issues with computers in general. Don't expect a response but I'm sure people would be happy to try.
OnyxCarp
Steam Profile name (Required): OnyxCarp
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Re: Graphics card question

Post by OnyxCarp »

Can concur with all the above said. Now also running JNPG on a RTX2070, a high-end cpu array, and have also fiddled around with the newest Nvidia gimmicks concerning latency. Although the difference is massive on other (graphically demanding) games I play, there is almost no noticable improvement in performance compared to my (5y 'old') previous card (visual settings are a different matter). I still occasionally encounter stutters and hiccups - mostly during multiplayer - and I still cannot get rid of that strangely oftenly recurring -0.05 snap offset that has been nagging me for years. So - if you want to upgrade a good performing GPU only in order to bump up performance in JNPG I'd say don't. Too many factors involved that are beyond your grasp.
MSI X299-A Pro board - RTX 2070 Super 8GB - Intel i9-10900X CPU - 64 GB RAM - 1 TB x2 SSD/HDD - Win10
davefv92c
Steam Profile name (Required): davefv92c
Has Liked: 244 times
Been Liked: 140 times

Re: Graphics card question

Post by davefv92c »

got to agree with onyxcarp here I pretty much got the same machine as he does and I noticed
very little improvement from the last. The thing is I guess I am one of the lucky ones as I have never had any of what are called the 3c glitches I have seen posted about for years now.
CUK MANTIS SERIES.
Liquid Cooled Intel i9,32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD
RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU
35"CURVED VIOTEK MONITOR 200Hz
Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive
Klipsch Sound System
BENCHMARKS-
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/38611652

Return to “Technical Support”