Resetting Network Connection

Post here anything to do with technical issues with computers in general. Don't expect a response but I'm sure people would be happy to try.
RobV
Steam Profile name (Required): holy goat
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 6 times

Resetting Network Connection

Post by RobV »

I am stumped as to why all of a sudden my brother, who has been course testing with me up until my last course release, all of a sudden cannot connect to me via multiplayer. He receives this message of "resetting network connection" and then gets dropped to the Home screen. I attempted to connect to him, same thing. What is this exactly and why all of a sudden we cannot connect to each other? I've done nothing differently to my PC, router or modem.. very frustrating. Anyone have any ideas?
Mwh65
Site Admin
Steam Profile name (Required): Mwh65
Has Liked: 146 times
Been Liked: 404 times

Re: Resetting Network Connection

Post by Mwh65 »

Oddly enough this happened about the same time you posted this in the Presidents Cup match we tried to get going.

3 players could get into the match but the 4th player couldn't, regardless of who hosted, with the same error you got.

Eventually PG let the 4th player in so it may have been a temporary issue with Steam at the time.
Mark Holliday (Mwh65)
(PGLS Owner)

PGLS is not affiliated in any way with the game creator Perfect Parallel.
To donate to PGLS click here
RobV

Post by RobV »

Mwh65 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 3:32 pm Oddly enough this happened about the same time you posted this in the Presidents Cup match we tried to get going.

3 players could get into the match but the 4th player couldn't, regardless of who hosted, with the same error you got.

Eventually PG let the 4th player in so it may have been a temporary issue with Steam at the time.
Thanks for the response, Mark.. unfortunately, my brother and I have been trying all week to play and just cannot connect P2P. Never had this issue before. But interesting that others were having the same issue. I suppose we will try again tonight.
NIBNOB
Steam Profile name (Required): marknibnoble
Has Liked: 125 times
Been Liked: 170 times

Post by NIBNOB »

both verify game files in steam
RobV

Post by RobV »

NIBNOB wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 4:25 pm both verify game files in steam
That and uninstalled and reinstalled PG for a fresh copy. No luck. Terrible.

Interestingly enough, I read on the general Steam forums that many older games who have the capability to connect P2P are also having issues.. So I guess its a Steam issue?
RobV

Post by RobV »

I just wanted to report back that I got this working again... Went into Steam>Settings>In Game>scrolled all the way to the bottom Steam Networking and changed 'Default' to Friends Only. You could change it to 'Always' which means anyone could join your game.. not sure if anyone else is having the same issue I had, but this worked for me. Played 2 rounds with my brother and friends, no issues.

Return to “Technical Support”