Win10 Update and Meter Speed

This forum contains information you will find useful in using PGLS. If you have any suggestions for content in here please let us know.
bobfletch

Win10 Update and Meter Speed

Post by bobfletch »

A couple of nights ago I applied a quite big Windows 10 update and ever since my meter speed appears to have changed. It seems to me to be a tad slower, and consequently I find myself clicking 'early' a lot more often than I used to. Just wondering if anyone else has the same problem! I suppose it's just a case of 'acclimatising' to the new speed and getting back on track?!
Perculator
Steam Profile name (Required): Perculator
Has Liked: 65 times
Been Liked: 42 times

Re: Win10 Update and Meter Speed

Post by Perculator »

Since the update my meter has been really messed up. Mostly the dreaded "slide" past 6. It is getting so bad that I am considering changing swings.
Affo
Steam Profile name (Required): Affo
Has Liked: 61 times
Been Liked: 68 times

Post by Affo »

Yes Bob, Perc. Me too, the 6 slides were ridiculous. I could manage hitting about 1 snap in 10, each time I though I nailed it, it slid but press early and it stopped dead. This contributed to my sabbatical.

All came straight after the Win 10 last update :(
The scores may be unrealistic, or even a joke but heyho, that's what we got.

Play well and enjoy your game everyone! :drinks:

btw, not a game for snowflakes.

https://www.twitch.tv/affo01

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWQQ0c ... dgs0U6nODQ
Domino

Steam Profile name (Required): Domino

Post by Domino »

I also had the "6 slide" badly after the win 10 creator update, I also noticed that win 10 seem to take over my graphics driver with it's own, so I rolled back to the previous build of windows 10 and have refused to update ever since and have never had a "6 slide" again
Perculator
Steam Profile name (Required): Perculator
Has Liked: 65 times
Been Liked: 42 times

Post by Perculator »

Domino wrote:I also had the "6 slide" badly after the win 10 creator update, I also noticed that win 10 seem to take over my graphics driver with it's own, so I rolled back to the previous build of windows 10 and have refused to update ever since and have never had a "6 slide" again
This got me thinking ...

I used to run GEForce Experience and it would always remind me when my GPU driver was ready to update. For whatever reason (can't remember why) I uninstalled the Experience program and basically just forgot about the driver. I just went to the site and found my driver was way behind (I had 388.13 and latest is 388.43). Anyway I installed the new driver and lo and behold the slide problem was a LOT better.

Perc
Mwh65
Site Admin
Steam Profile name (Required): Mwh65
Has Liked: 146 times
Been Liked: 404 times

Post by Mwh65 »

I have noticed before that updates from Microsoft include graphic card drivers occasionally but I always use the latest ones directly from Nvidia ...

https://www.geforce.co.uk/drivers

The worst part, for me anyway, is that the download size is now massive at 400Mb!!
Mark Holliday (Mwh65)
(PGLS Owner)

PGLS is not affiliated in any way with the game creator Perfect Parallel.
To donate to PGLS click here
terbal
Steam Profile name (Required): terbal

Post by terbal »

It also slowed my meter and I get loads more stops.
As far as I can see there are only two solutions, either you work through it or change the type of swing you use. I myself am working through it as best I can, which is nothing knew for me as I have a very basic graphics card so I grin and bear it. Welcome to my world lol
bobfletch

Post by bobfletch »

I'm seriously considering doing a 'system restore' to before the Win10 update on 3rd December. Terry has also noticed a decrease in volume when playing PG since the update. I think I might wait a couple of days and see how it goes. Or I may do like Mark does and update my graphics card drivers to see if that makes any difference. Decisions, decisions...

Meanwhile I'm very slowly getting used to the new, reduced meter speed and the longer I leave it the more reluctant I'll be to apply the 'restore'...
RandyG
Steam Profile name (Required): RandyG
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by RandyG »

bobfletch wrote:I'm seriously considering doing a 'system restore' to before the Win10 update on 3rd December.
Bob, before you do a restore, do a re-install of JNPG and see if that helps. Follow the advice here at the forum on refreshing the game.
http://pgls.golfladders.co.uk/forums/vi ... ?f=2&t=755

If you're computer is running ok I'd shy away from a restore, your just going to get updated again, otherwise get a fresh video driver from your
cards vendor and install their driver.

Hope this helps

randy
terbal
Steam Profile name (Required): terbal

Post by terbal »

restore no good for me it just keeps updating and i cant stop it.

Return to “General Discussion”