Really?

This forum contains information you will find useful in using PGLS. If you have any suggestions for content in here please let us know.
DinoMC
Steam Profile name (Required): DinoMC

Really?

Post by DinoMC »

Stableford, Aroha (not that easy) , Tour Pro, Score 28pts.

Sorry, but I just don't buy that. Even if you managed to hit a perfect tee shot every hole there is no way you can single putt seventeen out of eighteen greens on this Course.

Let's see a recorded round.

And no, it's not sour grapes. I know what my ability is and I know why that is. It just peeves me off when I see the same Player(s) at the top every week. If this score is legitimate, I'd like to be proven wrong, can we give these golf gods their own Stableford League to compete in. Can we have a Stableford where we only play our own level or has that been tried already?

Don't get me wrong Mark, I enjoy greatly, even moreso when I'm hitting them straight, my PGLS participation. It can get a bit disheartening though ...
--Dean
i7-6800K @4.2ghz
16GB RAM
GTX 980ti
W10
Affo
Steam Profile name (Required): Affo
Has Liked: 61 times
Been Liked: 68 times

Re: Really?

Post by Affo »

DinoMC wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:53 pmSorry, but I just don't buy that. Even if you managed to hit a perfect tee shot every hole there is no way you can single putt seventeen out of eighteen greens on this Course.
Just one of those rounds, you get some good fortune with the bounces on and around the green at Aroha, to go with putting the ball in roughly the right spot and that score can happen. Some greens really feed you to the hole.
DinoMC wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:53 pmAnd no, it's not sour grapes. I know what my ability is and I know why that is. It just peeves me off when I see the same Player(s) at the top every week. If this score is legitimate, I'd like to be proven wrong, can we give these golf gods their own Stableford League to compete in. Can we have a Stableford where we only play our own level or has that been tried already?
I have no reason to doubt it is legit, Domino (in this instant) is a very good player who has hit a hot round. As for the Stableford League...maybe, looking into whether something is feasible.
DinoMC wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:53 pm Don't get me wrong Mark, I enjoy greatly, even moreso when I'm hitting them straight, my PGLS participation. It can get a bit disheartening though ...
Keep playing, you'll improve as you get used to the physics of the game. If the top isn't attainable yet, concentrate on those players around you in the World Rankings and Power Rankings, try to beat those then move onto the next group of players.
The scores may be unrealistic, or even a joke but heyho, that's what we got.

Play well and enjoy your game everyone! :drinks:

btw, not a game for snowflakes.

https://www.twitch.tv/affo01

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWQQ0c ... dgs0U6nODQ
davefv92c
Steam Profile name (Required): davefv92c
Has Liked: 244 times
Been Liked: 140 times

Post by davefv92c »

i had the same complaint some months back on another stableford and felt like a fool
when i complained about the same player having a 28 in another round, till i went and played it and shot a 27.
all in the way a persons luck is running also.
CUK MANTIS SERIES.
Liquid Cooled Intel i9,32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD
RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU
35"CURVED VIOTEK MONITOR 200Hz
Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive
Klipsch Sound System
BENCHMARKS-
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/38611652
cubbies645
Steam Profile name (Required): Aristotle
Has Liked: 282 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by cubbies645 »

Yes i agree some rounds u can get real hot and everything goes in, i have no doubt as Andy mentioned Domino is good player...:)
Domino

Steam Profile name (Required): Domino

Post by Domino »

Oh FFS here we go again....I have had it with the group I'm out of here.
Mwh65
Site Admin
Steam Profile name (Required): Mwh65
Has Liked: 146 times
Been Liked: 404 times

Post by Mwh65 »

Well here we are yet again :dry:

Give me concrete evidence they are cheating and they will be dealt with.

Until then let's just play the game for what it is, warts and all!
Mark Holliday (Mwh65)
(PGLS Owner)

PGLS is not affiliated in any way with the game creator Perfect Parallel.
To donate to PGLS click here

Return to “General Discussion”