Having Fun Yet?

This forum contains information you will find useful in using PGLS. If you have any suggestions for content in here please let us know.
LinksPro
Steam Profile name (Required): LinksPro
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 16 times

Having Fun Yet?

Post by LinksPro »

Just wondering how much people are enjoying the game. I thought it was fantastic when I was am Amateur. Shot fairly well. Actually won a tourney or two. Then I got moved to Pro. Didn't win anything, didn't care. Just wanted to play and have fun. Then I got moved to Tour Pro. Fun over. Barely miss a snap and I miss the fairway, green or putt. No fun. I enter a tourney, shoot even par the first round, look at the leaderboard and the person in 1st place had a -8 that round, I wont shoot -8 for all 4 rounds. That's the end of that tourney. Why play when I'm not enjoying the game as Tour Pro and I have NO chance of even getting close to the leaderboard. I don't care if I ever win a tourney but damn, I would like to have fun playing and think I have a chance of doing well. So when you see my name in a round or two of a tourney, you know why I didn't finish. Rant over. Thanks.
If it goes left, its a hook. If it goes right, its a slice. If it goes straight, its a miracle!
Affo
Steam Profile name (Required): Affo
Has Liked: 61 times
Been Liked: 68 times

Re: Having Fun Yet?

Post by Affo »

Hmm, for November, your adjusted average score put you in the top half of Tour Pros, so I would say you're playing pretty well.

PGA9 last 13 weeks, you gained 1.47 shots on the field per round putting you 27th out of 143 players and in PGA18, you are doing even better, 13th out of 149 players gaining 3.34 shots per round on the field.

Chin up, think you're being hard on yourself :)

You obviously do care about the leaderboards or you wouldn't be having a rant. Have fun playing and don't look then because you are statistically in the top half or better of current players!
The scores may be unrealistic, or even a joke but heyho, that's what we got.

Play well and enjoy your game everyone! :drinks:

btw, not a game for snowflakes.

https://www.twitch.tv/affo01

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWQQ0c ... dgs0U6nODQ
davefv92c
Steam Profile name (Required): davefv92c
Has Liked: 244 times
Been Liked: 140 times

Post by davefv92c »

yea I don't understand the post either, you play a much better game then I do
and I'm still having a blast with the game. we all can't be the leaders all the time. that is just a fact.
as one of the capt of the Presidents Cup team this past year, I did not understand why you bowed out like you did saying you were not good enough.
heck, you were better than half the tour pros that did play. give yourself a break you play well and should just keep plugging away after all it is
just a game to have fun with.
CUK MANTIS SERIES.
Liquid Cooled Intel i9,32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD
RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU
35"CURVED VIOTEK MONITOR 200Hz
Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive
Klipsch Sound System
BENCHMARKS-
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/38611652
NIBNOB
Steam Profile name (Required): marknibnoble
Has Liked: 125 times
Been Liked: 170 times

Post by NIBNOB »

Yes
LinksPro
Steam Profile name (Required): LinksPro
Been Liked: 16 times

Post by LinksPro »

Its not a matter of my stats or how well you think I play, but the difference between my scores and the leaders. Like I said, when I shoot even par for a round and see someone at the top of the leaderboard had a -8 for the same round I figure its impossible to make any headway in that tourney and I will just not play the other rounds. Also I get frustrated at how the smallest miss of a snap throws the ball of line. Doesn't happen in Amateur. I played a round of 18 holes as Tour Pro once and shot -4. I went back and played the same round as Amateur and shot -15. Now i don't want to be placed as an Amateur here, too easy, but Tour Pro is too tough and unforgiving.
If it goes left, its a hook. If it goes right, its a slice. If it goes straight, its a miracle!
davefv92c
Steam Profile name (Required): davefv92c
Has Liked: 244 times
Been Liked: 140 times

Post by davefv92c »

well the only way for you to play tourneys at a lower level is to not score so well in tourneys out of the 76 people playing tour pro you are ranked 28th
that is really not bad at all you would have to get a heck of a lot worse to get lowered just to pro and then there is not that much of a difference that it really matters. so there is no answer to what you are looking for. maybe that fella that shot the 8 under shoots a 6 over in the next round. as i said there is no answer to what you are wanting to do other then sandbagging yourself back to a lower level.
damn i wish i was 28th instead im setting at 42 but im not dissapointed in that leaves me a lot of room to get better.
it is all in the head.
CUK MANTIS SERIES.
Liquid Cooled Intel i9,32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD
RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU
35"CURVED VIOTEK MONITOR 200Hz
Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive
Klipsch Sound System
BENCHMARKS-
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/38611652
Crusher

Post by Crusher »

LinksPro wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:12 am Its not a matter of my stats or how well you think I play, but the difference between my scores and the leaders. Like I said, when I shoot even par for a round and see someone at the top of the leaderboard had a -8 for the same round I figure its impossible to make any headway in that tourney and I will just not play the other rounds. Also I get frustrated at how the smallest miss of a snap throws the ball of line. Doesn't happen in Amateur. I played a round of 18 holes as Tour Pro once and shot -4. I went back and played the same round as Amateur and shot -15. Now i don't want to be placed as an Amateur here, too easy, but Tour Pro is too tough and unforgiving.
When you get bumped up to a higher level, in this case the highest level, practice and NOT over hitting the ball means much better snaps. I too didn't like my move to Tour Pro a long time ago. I preferred Pro. However, we all adapt or we give up.

My mistakes (or misses) are on the green, not so much off the Tees. Putting, as we all know makes or breaks a round of golf. I personally shoot for the top 20 in most tournaments. Top 15 to 20 means I am more intuitive about how to play the game. It's the focus on putting that makes a huge difference.

Recently I scored very well in a couple of (online*) tournaments, top 5. I owe those top 5 results to better putts from distances that are normally difficult for me.

No one can be excellent at this game with just a few hundred hours. My educated guess would be that a person using their preferred swing method would need to accumulate at least 3,000 to 4,000 hours to start entering into the "super talented level".

Patience and Practice. That's the way to become better at anything in life...

*This and other Perfect Golf sites.

Edited to include the *
boxmaker111
Steam Profile name (Required): boxmaker111
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by boxmaker111 »

I would like to see the players that dont participate moved out of the rankings I see some play 20-30 rds and are ahead of others who have like myself played 300 or more if you dont play your ranking is surely not going to change
Crusher

Post by Crusher »

boxmaker111 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:39 am I would like to see the players that dont participate moved out of the rankings I see some play 20-30 rds and are ahead of others who have like myself played 300 or more if you dont play your ranking is surely not going to change
I think that would be a tough call for Mark. People play when they either feel "in the mood", or have the time. Myself and others will withdraw from a tournament because of a bad start, a bad connection or a lousy playing environment in the computer room.

For instance: wife just got home and is mad as hell :nono:

Plus "intentions". Some players will choose a tournament with good intentions but real-life factors might not allow that to happen. :ermm:
Greensboronclion
Steam Profile name (Required): Greensboronclion
Been Liked: 11 times

Post by Greensboronclion »

I used to play at least two rounds a day and at one point was playing TP with MS and 3C and doing pretty good then I retired and my scores went to hell and now struggle at Pro. The difference was that I was playing all the time and had tempo going and now I play once a week and not to good. You have to play a lot at this game to be good and the best players are those who play all the time. I thought when I retired I would play more but other things started interesting me and I now travel a lot. Some day I hope to play more against and have went back to 3C also as I am looking to by gaming laptop to take with me on the road but the bottom line is you must practice and play to be good at this game. I also don't believe in sandbagging to move down and if a player of higher skill wants to move down he should not be allowed to keep the cup points or win when competing.

Return to “General Discussion”