a point about points

Post in here anything to do with the PGLS Tours tourney.
terbal
Steam Profile name (Required): terbal

a point about points

Post by terbal »

in my opinion the points system is unfair. if you finish 12th overall you should get points for 12th not ammy or pro points. TP's are TP's because they are better players and their average says they are better players. the same for ammys against pro's. the system is to much favouring the higher ranked player. you are at your level because your score average says so .there is no handicap to help the lower levels so why cant we all get the same points for where you finish overall the TP's should still come out on top because they are better players. as it stands the leaderboard will be the same as it always has been.

Take myself as an example in the 2 weeks i have finished 12th and 7th overall and i am in 22nd place on the career earnings list and 100 points behind andy. i play as pro because my level says thats the level i should play at. if i was a better player i would be a TP. there is no chance of catching the tp's because of the points system and in my opinion its unfair. there should be 1 set of points for where you finish on the overall leaderboard.
JimBoags
Steam Profile name (Required): JimBoags

Re: a point about points

Post by JimBoags »

So, if you believe that the points system is unfair that would mean that a winner on the Korn Ferry Tour (in RL) would be unfairly treated because he is not getting the same WGR points and the prize money as a winner on the PGA Tour, is that right. I don't think the PGA think so.
Jim
terbal

Post by terbal »

JimBoags wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:31 am So, if you believe that the points system is unfair that would mean that a winner on the Korn Ferry Tour (in RL) would be unfairly treated because he is not getting the same WGR points and the prize money as a winner on the PGA Tour, is that right. I don't think the PGA think so.
Jim
they are not playing the same event are they? if they were in the same event they would get the same points as a top pro if they finished on the same score
JimBoags
Steam Profile name (Required): JimBoags

Post by JimBoags »

Yes, I agree to a point.
When players in RL play on lesser tours they have to except the lesser WGR points and prize money that comes with that tour and individual event, exactly what you are stating. For example Matt Kuchar and Justin Rose are playing on the Asian Tour this week in Singapore. Both will except the lesser prize pool and the decreased WGR points pool that they are normally accustomed to. Some players will travel to far flung places to play on these tours to 1. Promote the game of golf globally and 2. to pocket the appearance money. When these players come from a higher ranked tour they 'generally' figure strongly on the leaderboard. And these 2 are this week, both in the top 5 at one point. Totally agree with you when you say same event, same points.

However what you are suggesting is the reverse of this. i just don't think that would be fair. Lets put this into our context within PGLS Tours. If Andy (as you say) was to come to 'Pro' level he would only get the 'Pro' points and probably still win everything anyway. And if you were to go to TP you would get the points that are assigned to that level.

You used the example between Andy and yourself, let me use an example between you and myself over the first 2 events using the stats provided

You
Pro level
Finished 12th and 7th
22nd place
Scoring average 66.37

Me
TP level (I requested to be at that level)
Finished 51st and T13th (played me brains out there I tell you)
35th place
Scoring average 69.25 (that's nearly 12 shots over a 4 round event, TP is so slightly harder but not 12 shots)

You are by far the better player but you are player at the Pro level . You stated in the previous post," I play Pro because that's the level that I should play at. If I was better player I would be a TP", your words.

I respect your comments and agree with some of what you have stated but your argument is not strong enough IMO.

Jim
terbal

Post by terbal »

but if you look on the leaderboard for last weeks tour events the top 4 places on both were all TP'S. If the score average correctly match your playing skill level then you should be getting the points for the position you finish not a reduced points due to you level, as it stands the season leaderboard will remain the same as any other event.
JMK59
Steam Profile name (Required): JMK59
Has Liked: 217 times
Been Liked: 238 times

Post by JMK59 »

I think whats missing is another difficulty level above Tour Pro for the folks that have mastered this top tier. There's no upward movement available for the dozen or so players that shoots low 60's at TP.

Maybe a self imposed (honor system) advanced level of TP Plus could be used based on "naked" putting - no grid or bli allowed, only function keys F2 to F5 to judge green contours. Or, take it a step farther and not allow any function keys.

The bad news is that this level doesn't exist "in game"; the good news is that we can make the level with whatever rules we want. Maybe Mark can program this in with the Tournament APP.

John
davefv92c
Steam Profile name (Required): davefv92c
Has Liked: 244 times
Been Liked: 140 times

Post by davefv92c »

JMK59 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:47 pm I think whats missing is another difficulty level above Tour Pro for the folks that have mastered this top tier. There's no upward movement available for the dozen or so players that shoots low 60's at TP.

Maybe a self imposed (honor system) advanced level of TP Plus could be used based on "naked" putting - no grid or bli allowed, only function keys F2 to F5 to judge green contours. Or, take it a step farther and not allow any function keys.

The bad news is that this level doesn't exist "in game"; the good news is that we can make the level with whatever rules we want. Maybe Mark can program this in with the Tournament APP.

John

i think it would be a big plus if the coding wizard Mark can do it, and agreed upon
CUK MANTIS SERIES.
Liquid Cooled Intel i9,32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD
RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU
35"CURVED VIOTEK MONITOR 200Hz
Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive
Klipsch Sound System
BENCHMARKS-
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/38611652
terbal

Post by terbal »

JMK59 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:47 pm I think whats missing is another difficulty level above Tour Pro for the folks that have mastered this top tier. There's no upward movement available for the dozen or so players that shoots low 60's at TP.

John
i dont want a new level just a fair points system to make the playing field a bit more level. TP's are the best players they dont need any help from an unfair points system
Affo
Steam Profile name (Required): Affo
Has Liked: 61 times
Been Liked: 68 times

Post by Affo »

Players playing the same course and conditions with the same clubs should all be playing for the same points table...but if you are able to use in game aids to facilitate playing, you shouldn't be ale to get the same points as a player using no in game aids.

The points breakdown is a lot closer than used for the Season points in PGA9, PGA18 and Stableford.
The scores may be unrealistic, or even a joke but heyho, that's what we got.

Play well and enjoy your game everyone! :drinks:

btw, not a game for snowflakes.

https://www.twitch.tv/affo01

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWQQ0c ... dgs0U6nODQ
Mwh65
Site Admin
Steam Profile name (Required): Mwh65
Has Liked: 146 times
Been Liked: 404 times

Post by Mwh65 »

John
Unfortunately the API is a bit restrictive. I can set tournies to be played by a specific level only for instance but can't set individual aspects of what is defined as a level eg. "Main View". There is even a "BLI" entry but it doesn't work and there is absolutely no control over the function keys that I can see :ermm:
Mark Holliday (Mwh65)
(PGLS Owner)

PGLS is not affiliated in any way with the game creator Perfect Parallel.
To donate to PGLS click here

Return to “PGLS Tours”