Ansel display during game launch. Windows 10

Post here anything to do with technical issues with computers in general. Don't expect a response but I'm sure people would be happy to try.
Crusher

Ansel display during game launch. Windows 10

Post by Crusher »

Jump to solution:
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=4764&p=18286#p18286: [This edit was made two days after this original post.]

This was an easy fix a year ago but the new drivers for nVidia cards now places (Ansel .dll files) into the Steamapps folder. However, you can safely delete the two .dll files without causing any problems to Perfect Golf.

Step 1. Visit your Steam Folder in Programs Files (x86). Go to the Search Field in the upper right of the Folder's Toolbar and type Ansel. You will quickly see two Ansel .dll files in the search results.

Step 2. Select both .dll files and delete them with with a Right Click or by using the Delete Button on the Toolbar. They are already deleted but if you want to make sure Refresh the Search Results window.

The .dll files will be in your Recycle Bin until you empty it. If by any chance you find something squirrely with your game's behavior, close Perfect Golf. Open your Recycle Bin and restore each .dll file. I doubt very much that restoring your .dll files will be necessary.

End result. No more annoying Ansel F2 message on the left side of your screen during game launch.

My .dll files are deleted and here is an empty search window showing Ansel typed in the upper right.

RandyG
Steam Profile name (Required): RandyG
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 2 times

Re: Ansel display during game launch. Windows 10

Post by RandyG »

Easy Way to disable Ansel in Windows 10

Go to "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Ansel\Tools"

Open "NvCameraConfiguration" or Double-Click to Open

Select "Disable" on the bottom of the window

Save and exit

This might help with your low FPS not having the Ansel overlay on the same time Steam overlay is running.
Attachments
Disable  Ansel003.jpg
Crusher

Post by Crusher »

RandyG wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:05 pm Easy Way to disable Ansel in Windows 10

Go to "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Ansel\Tools"

Open "NvCameraConfiguration" or Double-Click to Open

Select "Disable" on the bottom of the window

Save and exit

This might help with your low FPS not having the Ansel overlay on the same time Steam overlay is running.
Like I said in the first sentence of my post "this was an easy fix a year ago". The Ansel .dll files no longer exists in the nVidia Corporate folder. :(

That panel you posted was the easy way to disable Ansel with older drivers. The nVidia Folder in Program Files no longer has the Camera options. Look at your current driver. If it's 436.15 or earlier and your games work fine, don't update to a new driver. You'll lose that control panel to disable Ansel.

I am using a clean install with Driver 442.19.

I haven't searched the Net to find out why nVidia has done this nor why the new nVidia Desktop Control Panel is downloaded from Microsoft Store. Seems everyone wants get in bed with Microsoft. :hmmm:

I don't use GeForce Experience. Maybe that's part of this new location for Ansel.
Mwh65
Site Admin
Steam Profile name (Required): Mwh65
Has Liked: 146 times
Been Liked: 405 times

Post by Mwh65 »

That panel you posted was the easy way to disable Ansel with older drivers. The nVidia Folder in Program Files no longer has the Camera options. Look at your current driver. If it's 436.15 or earlier and your games work fine, don't update to a new driver. You'll lose that control panel to disable Ansel.
I have the latest version 442.19 installed and the "NvCameraConfiguration.exe" file Randy mentioned is still available but in ...

"C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Ansel\"
Mark Holliday (Mwh65)
(PGLS Owner)

PGLS is not affiliated in any way with the game creator Perfect Parallel.
To donate to PGLS click here
Crusher

Post by Crusher »

Mwh65 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:46 pm
I have the latest version 442.19 installed and the "NvCameraConfiguration.exe" file Randy mentioned is still available but in ...

"C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Ansel\"

I have a feeling I will need to install GeForce Experience again and see if it keeps Ansel in Program Files\NVIDIA CORPORATION\ANSEL.

Good discussion about this based on the fact that I don't install Gefore Experience. I tried a few months ago to learn how to capture game play. Then installed it.
RandyG

Post by RandyG »

Mine is the same Mark > C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Ansel

I have the latest 442.19 driver.

I don't have Nvidia Experience installed, I manually peek in every once in a while to get the latest driver for my card from Nvidia.

If I'm correct one can do a Windows Search for "Ansel" and it should find the right folder.
(Right click the "Start" button and hit "Search") type in "Ansel"
Crusher

Post by Crusher »

Thanks for your input guys.

That is correct Randy. If you search This PC using the search field Ansel would appear if it exists in the Nvidia Corporate Folder. Mine still does not appear there. In fact, there is no Ansel folder at all. Crazy stuff. However, everything works just fine.

I just used the updated version of DDU which I downloaded from guru3d.com They are also a repository for many types of software. The newest version of DDU is on this page. After the super-system-cleaning I reinstalled driver 442.19. No folder in Program Files and no Ansel folder.

This is a mystery to me it and also compelling. This is going to be an ongoing Sherlock Holmes saga. :hmmm:

I have used DDU many times through the years on my own system and remotely on other systems.

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/downl ... 8-2-2.html

DDU should be used with extreme caution. If anyone reading this has no problems with their graphics please do not use this program. Use the standard installation of GeForce Drivers, the custom installation or if you use is it, allow GeForce Experience to update your drivers.
RandyG

Post by RandyG »

That is strange Lee.

Have you unchecked "Show hidden files, folders and drives" in your "File Explorer Options" via the Control Panel ?

My bad on Nvidia Experience; it should be GeForce Experience in the post above.
Crusher

Post by Crusher »

RandyG wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:54 am That is strange Lee.

Have you unchecked "Show hidden files, folders and drives" in your "File Explorer Options" via the Control Panel ?

My bad on Nvidia Experience; it should be GeForce Experience in the post above.
I always keep extensions and hidden folders disabled unless I am troubleshooting, then I enable them.

I'll get back to this post in the near future after communicating with www.nvidia.com . :read:
Crusher

Post by Crusher »

This experience I am having on my W10 System/GTX GeForce 1070 Ti Ultra Quiet graphics card (3 years old now) is most likely unique to my machine. Everything works fine and short of a clean install, I have tried everything I know in this area for this enigmatic driver installation.

Since my system runs at high performance without experiencing in-game or video editing glitches or errors I am not going to continue the exploration.

I just ran my favorite benchmarking test at userbenchmark.com and these are the results. Everything is overclocked on my system through UEFI BIOS and MSI Afterburner for the graphics card. I'm a happy PC Enthusiast. :yes:

Mark and Randy, thanks for tagging along on this journey. I am glad you have the Ansel control panel. I have deleted all Ansel files and folders on my system to get the same result. It was an interesting journey.

My results from five minutes ago:
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/24407629

Return to “Technical Support”