Just Saying

Post in here anything to do with the PGLS Tours tourney.
Greensboronclion
Steam Profile name (Required): Greensboronclion
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 11 times

Just Saying

Post by Greensboronclion »

I just want to say this as its the same for all so we all have to play it the way it lies but I have to get this off my chest. There has never been a PGA Tour event that played a round with a Stimp of 8 as even with rain they never approach that slow of a speed and if we are going to play the Tour as it goes we should follow that. Now that I have said it that was quite a challenge on the greens as I had one putt on the last hole that was 16 ft and 11 inches above the hole and I over hit on purpose and the ball still came up 2 ft short. The stimp at 8 and 9 is not realistic and the most realistic is 12 but again we all play the same course.
Riddler
Steam Profile name (Required): Riddler
Has Liked: 161 times
Been Liked: 264 times

Re: Just Saying

Post by Riddler »

When I looked at the weather for Minnesota and saw thunderstorms for this round, first thought was, in real life it would be a short day for many of the golfers. I set up many rounds for PGLS and this was the first time I used a stimp 8. I guess I wonder why the developer's even gave stimp 8 as an option. Been getting some strange combinations, lately, for conditions and stimps like soft greens and stimp 13 but I guess they are just mixing it up so all challenges aren't the same. I am not apologizing but just explaining my reasoning since I do care about this game and site and want all to enjoy.
duncanmathieson
Steam Profile name (Required): dunkymath
Has Liked: 62 times
Been Liked: 71 times

Post by duncanmathieson »

you can only set according to weather forecast bud.
keep up the good work.
cubbies645
Steam Profile name (Required): Aristotle
Has Liked: 285 times
Been Liked: 52 times

Post by cubbies645 »

yea stimp 8 burns me up not real as my score will reflect that lol, but good job Alan on everything u do ..
Greensboronclion
Steam Profile name (Required): Greensboronclion
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 11 times

Post by Greensboronclion »

Riddler wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:42 am When I looked at the weather for Minnesota and saw thunderstorms for this round, first thought was, in real life it would be a short day for many of the golfers. I set up many rounds for PGLS and this was the first time I used a stimp 8. I guess I wonder why the developer's even gave stimp 8 as an option. Been getting some strange combinations, lately, for conditions and stimps like soft greens and stimp 13 but I guess they are just mixing it up so all challenges aren't the same. I am not apologizing but just explaining my reasoning since I do care about this game and site and want all to enjoy.

Not really a complaint as we all play the same course but more of an observation. I really don't understand why PG even put 8 in there as it's not real but I do believe the 8 they have is skewed. As for setups I think your doing a fantastic job mixing and matching and it makes you think a lot more and no complaints I was just trying to point out something. I grew up working and playing on a couple PGA quality Country Clubs and even in heavy rain they were never slow greens like that. It is interesting that I find in the game how much of a difference there is with a higher still with soft or hard greens and I think that is where the game shines especially from 11 and above. I almost wonder if PG put 8 and 9 in there as an afterthought as there seems to be no difference in rollout with hard or soft.
Riddler
Steam Profile name (Required): Riddler
Has Liked: 161 times
Been Liked: 264 times

Post by Riddler »

I never thought of it as a complaint. I knew you were venting your frustration and it was not against me. That is what the forum is for, a platform to voice your opinions. My answer was just letting players know my thought process for selecting conditions. I appreciate any comments, as long as they are civil as yours were.
Wirenut48
Steam Profile name (Required): wirenut48
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 17 times

Post by Wirenut48 »

They really need a setting between Soft and Normal. Currently the ball either plugs or bounces half way across the green. This game seems to miss that combo where you can play to a spot on the green to work the ball to the hole. Most pro broadcasts you see, the greens are receptive but still fast. So Softer/Fast is a common setup. I would also like to see more setups using harder greens with the slower Stimps. The ball would bounce and roll out a bit more making it a little harder to throw darts at the pins.
ASUS TUF GAMING Z790 BTF WIFI, i9-14900K, 64GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 DDR5-6000-CL30, Samsung 990 Pro 4TB+2TB M.2, ASUS TUF RTX 4070 Ti SUPER BTF, Sony XR-X85X95J@120Hz, HTC Vive

Return to “PGLS Tours”