Real Time Mouse Swing!

This forum contains information you will find useful in using PGLS. If you have any suggestions for content in here please let us know.
Grahamallene
Steam Profile name (Required): Seve
Been Liked: 3 times

Real Time Mouse Swing!

Post by Grahamallene »

Real time mouse swing. Everyone should be encouraged to play with a mouse, it is the nearest thing to proper golf. You can hit low, high, with draw or hook, with fade or slice and everything in between. The control of the mouse emulates a very similar situation to a real golf club. So, you controllers out there, yes you might be able to post stupidly unrealistic scores, but wouldn't it be better to play golf properly (as JNPG gets you so close to doing) rather than just another computer game. -25 on this weeks PGA 18 with hard greens is ridiculous. I know there are far better players than me that play with a mouse (configured mice excepted) but I get really ****** off to seeing almost impossible to catch scores before I even tee off. I wonder what reply posts this will get!!!
Affo
Steam Profile name (Required): Affo
Has Liked: 61 times
Been Liked: 68 times

Re: Real Time Mouse Swing!

Post by Affo »

I tip my cap to players using one of the harder methods of play, but each to their own. Some of us have been playing for nearly 4 years and you get to learn the game, that is all. If you happen to have good hand/eye coordination and learn how the ball reacts on greens, you can shoot low. If you get close, you don't need to be able to put well, that comes in with medium and long range putts.
The scores may be unrealistic, or even a joke but heyho, that's what we got.

Play well and enjoy your game everyone! :drinks:

btw, not a game for snowflakes.

https://www.twitch.tv/affo01

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWQQ0c ... dgs0U6nODQ
Affo
Steam Profile name (Required): Affo
Has Liked: 61 times
Been Liked: 68 times

Post by Affo »

and -25 suggests quite a tough setup/course as Step is normally one of the players near the top, normal tops scores are around -40 recently (apart from the Masters of course).
The scores may be unrealistic, or even a joke but heyho, that's what we got.

Play well and enjoy your game everyone! :drinks:

btw, not a game for snowflakes.

https://www.twitch.tv/affo01

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWQQ0c ... dgs0U6nODQ
Charles
Steam Profile name (Required): Charles

Post by Charles »

Well, the RTS is indeed a technical marvel to be sure. It's a bitch to master but it's just like the real game: keep at it and you will get better. Mastering it is the illusion.. :hehe: You will never-ever be able to get it right all of the time, but you keep coming back for more. It's truly a great feeling being able to tweak and shape shots based on tempo and rhythm. Love it.
Greensboronclion
Steam Profile name (Required): Greensboronclion
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 11 times

Post by Greensboronclion »

I just could never score worth a dime with it Charles and am now playing Motion Swing again and enjoy it even tho I am going to win much. I do like the mouse to play on PC and MS still requires a movement like RTSM but you use the meter. It's timing based and if timing wrong you go left and right. I admire the few who have tried the different swings other than 3C and that is about 7 or 8 only now.
Charles
Steam Profile name (Required): Charles

Post by Charles »

Well Rob, that's what makes JNPG such a fine game. There is something for everybody there. For me, breaking par is more exception than rule as i am around a 4 handicapper but the total thrill of playing eclipses all. People who have played with me know how frustrated it sometimes can get out there but again, it's the challenge that keeps me coming back. The small band of RTS'ers (and those who have tried it) know what I am talking about. Ultimately its all about just enjoying yourself ofcourse. So.. enjoy!! :biggrin:

Return to “General Discussion”