Windowed Mode - Off Screen

Post here anything to do with technical issues with computers in general. Don't expect a response but I'm sure people would be happy to try.
RandyG
Steam Profile name (Required): RandyG
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 2 times

Windowed Mode - Off Screen

Post by RandyG »

I'd like to play in windowed mode but when I switch it to windows mode, it opens half on monitor '1' and half on monitor '2'.
When I try to drag it to monitor '1' I can only see the top of the version number on the bottom right or in other words it isn't showing the whole screen.

I do have two different resolutions; monitor '1' is 2560x1440 @ 125% recommended; monitor '2' is 1680x1050 @ 100% recommended.

Reason for using windowed mode is I'd like to click on my '2' monitor without shrinking the game on monitor '1'

Thanks in advanced

randy
Mwh65
Site Admin
Steam Profile name (Required): Mwh65
Has Liked: 146 times
Been Liked: 405 times

Re: Windowed Mode - Off Screen

Post by Mwh65 »

Try reducing the "Resolution" down 1 or 2 places.
Mark Holliday (Mwh65)
(PGLS Owner)

PGLS is not affiliated in any way with the game creator Perfect Parallel.
To donate to PGLS click here
RandyG

Post by RandyG »

Thanks Mark,

I tried but it didn't work.
I think I did find a solution though.
With the game open,
In Nvidia Control Panel open on the second monitor under the "Adjust desktop size and position" and clicking the "Size" tab I "Enabled desktop resizing" and hit "Apply" then in game hit "Windowed" but it was still off screen so I dragged the game back to my main monitor and took the check out of "Enable desktop resizing" and it stayed on the main monitor but in windowed mode.

I have an idea that it needed refreshed to allow the windowed screen to open properly.
Just a guess though. Anyway it worked.

The downside is I have to do this every time I open the game. O'Well lol

Thanks

randy
Crusher

Post by Crusher »

RandyG wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:54 pm Thanks Mark,

I tried but it didn't work.
I think I did find a solution though.
With the game open,
In Nvidia Control Panel open on the second monitor under the "Adjust desktop size and position" and clicking the "Size" tab I "Enabled desktop resizing" and hit "Apply" then in game hit "Windowed" but it was still off screen so I dragged the game back to my main monitor and took the check out of "Enable desktop resizing" and it stayed on the main monitor but in windowed mode.

I have an idea that it needed refreshed to allow the windowed screen to open properly.
Just a guess though. Anyway it worked.

The downside is I have to do this every time I open the game. O'Well lol

Thanks

randy
Your game resolution will need to be less than your screen resolution. For instance: Screen resolution at 1920 x 1080 (or higher). Make the game resolution 1600 x 900 in windowed mode. Now you can move the cursor from one monitor to the other without forcing the game to minimize. What I just shared with you is how I often play JNPG and Links2K3.

Also. Try using 125% scaling at 1920 x 1080 (or higher). The golf game will look even bigger in the window.

RandyG

Post by RandyG »

Thanks Lee

All has been figured out. I have a full screen in windows mode without the taskbar and boarders using the resize option from the Nvidia Control Panel.

randy
Crusher

Post by Crusher »

RandyG wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:34 pm Thanks Lee

All has been figured out. I have a full screen in windows mode without the taskbar and boarders using the resize option from the Nvidia Control Panel.

randy
That's one way to do it. Be sure to backup that nvidia profile. Happy golfing! :good:

Return to “Technical Support”