Winning

This forum contains information you will find useful in using PGLS. If you have any suggestions for content in here please let us know.
cubbies645
Steam Profile name (Required): Aristotle
Has Liked: 282 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Winning

Post by cubbies645 »

Well i see its impossible in the future to win any tournies so my best place to finish will be a 2nd so ill have to consider that a win, i could get a -60 and still lose strange and funny, left to ponder the hidden question as the show slowly fades away i am dumbfounded and confused as the darken path bends into the bliss i stomp my feet and pound my head against my clubs, tears of joy grasp my throat stricken from lack of breath i dive into the sand pits of glory only to find myself plugged lmao :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:
terbal
Steam Profile name (Required): terbal

Re: Winning

Post by terbal »

im getting worried this boat we are in cubbies is getting overloaded
Affo
Steam Profile name (Required): Affo
Has Liked: 61 times
Been Liked: 68 times

Post by Affo »

Tough, yes...impossible....no :)
The scores may be unrealistic, or even a joke but heyho, that's what we got.

Play well and enjoy your game everyone! :drinks:

btw, not a game for snowflakes.

https://www.twitch.tv/affo01

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWQQ0c ... dgs0U6nODQ
Seasider47
Steam Profile name (Required): skeggy47
Been Liked: 127 times

Post by Seasider47 »

Thats sport for you, think of the golfers who must have felt the same about Jack Nicklaus and Tiger when in their prime and Formula one drivers what must they think of Lewis. They say every dog has its day but many sportsmen wait in someones shadow for that day to come along. Theres only one winner but many strive for that position and its no shame to come 2nd or 3rd.
Greensboronclion
Steam Profile name (Required): Greensboronclion
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 11 times

Post by Greensboronclion »

As good as Jack and Tiger were and are they never won every week but hey real golf is not video golf. The only two people I know that won every week were one that played Links 2003 and one here playing this game. It leads to a lot of unfinished rounds as some just dont finish but in Links my goal was always a Top 10 and I considered a 2nd place finish a win in a regular event as nobody was going to be the guy named Roy Higgi just as nobody will beat the guy here as he is just to good. I say 2nd isnt that bad as its the best we can hope for therefore a win in my book.
Affo
Steam Profile name (Required): Affo
Been Liked: 68 times

Post by Affo »

Remember Roy Higgi from Links days, played at WireLS when I was playing there. IIRC, his son wasn't too shabby either, but Roy was another level...2nd was always good!
The scores may be unrealistic, or even a joke but heyho, that's what we got.

Play well and enjoy your game everyone! :drinks:

btw, not a game for snowflakes.

https://www.twitch.tv/affo01

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWQQ0c ... dgs0U6nODQ
terbal
Steam Profile name (Required): terbal

Post by terbal »

2nd never been acceptable for me
Riddler
Steam Profile name (Required): Riddler
Has Liked: 161 times
Been Liked: 263 times

Post by Riddler »

Affo wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:56 am Remember Roy Higgi from Links days, played at WireLS when I was playing there. IIRC, his son wasn't too shabby either, but Roy was another level...2nd was always good!
And Roy is still playing over at the Links Tour and winning...ALWAYS!
DCI_JONES
Steam Profile name (Required): DCI_JONES
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by DCI_JONES »

When we all played at WireLS we used to have real life golfing weekends the first one we ever had Roy & Mike Higgi were there and IanD had brought a laptop with him. We fired up the laptop and had a game of links while waiting for our tee off times Mike Higgi casually scored -9 over 9 holes.
I always thought Mike was every bit as good as his dad he just didn't play as much as Roy.
Roy was in my group when we went out to play the real golf and a nicer fella you couldn't wish to meet
Seasider47
Steam Profile name (Required): skeggy47
Been Liked: 127 times

Post by Seasider47 »

I Attended a couple of these Golfing weekends from the WireLs days. Thats where I first met up with DCI Jones along with Windy and Jono two others I've kept up with in Facebook. Last time I played real golf was at one of these weekends, Sadly I only got to the 8th hole before my back gave way..but continued to enjoy the banter. Happy Days

Return to “General Discussion”