drop bug and penalty

Post here anything to do with the PGA 9 tourney.
JoeBradley
Steam Profile name (Required): JoeBradley
Has Liked: 14 times
Been Liked: 17 times

drop bug and penalty

Post by JoeBradley »

Any advice on this, please? Sorry it's a bit convoluted. Had a drop bug during my final PGA 9 round this week. The offered drop was submerged in water, so I backed up onto fairway and dropped but then couldn't play a shot - the game froze. I quit and resumed, assuming I would be given the in-game drop penalty since I had originally accepted the drop, but it placed me on fairway before the shot into the hazard without penalty. I wasn't sure at this point whether the penalty would be added on my scorecard, and after trying to replicate the original hazard shot and getting a drop that worked, and playing on a little, I got very confused and DQd myself, having racked up a load of in-game penalty shots and also not wishing to have one or more PGLS-applied penalty shots added to my scorecard that might look as though I was trying to gain advantage. Not too bothered about finishing this event, but any advice on what I should do in future if this happens?
Mwh65
Site Admin
Steam Profile name (Required): Mwh65
Has Liked: 146 times
Been Liked: 405 times

Re: drop bug and penalty

Post by Mwh65 »

We are only showing 1 penalty shot on Hole 3 of Round 4 for you.

If the ball was at rest and you had clicked the "Continue" button on the "Post Shot" screen then quit the round, no penalty is applied. However if you quit the round when the ball was in "mid-air" or before clicking "Continue" on the "Post Shot" screen then a penalty stroke is applied.
Mark Holliday (Mwh65)
(PGLS Owner)

PGLS is not affiliated in any way with the game creator Perfect Parallel.
To donate to PGLS click here
charlieb
Steam Profile name (Required): charllieb
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by charlieb »

I also had this happen I believe on the same hole. I am not looking to replay the round or have the shot given back.
I hit into the water, and was given the option to rehit/drop, which I chose. After I made my choice, I was not given a drop zone and my swing meter came back up, which did nothing in the game. I did exit out and came back to the T. My next shot, unfortunately, also went in the water, and the game performed the rehit/drop correctly. I should note that both balls entered the water very close together.
If I may point out, not a dig at course designers or tournie directors, when we played Links, people would scout courses and make recommendations on pin placements, and conditions that would allow the course to be played without too many problems. It seems to me in these early stages of Course Forge, that the terrain textures are not behaving as we would sometimes expect them to. Mainly the rough, which with hard ground conditions, sometimes act no different than fairways.
Just my .02 worth and a little rant on the side.
Thanks
CharlieB
Mwh65
Site Admin
Steam Profile name (Required): Mwh65
Has Liked: 146 times
Been Liked: 405 times

Post by Mwh65 »

We are looking into seeing if any course designers would like their courses testing before being released.

We will however never review a course because every player has their own opinions on them.
Mark Holliday (Mwh65)
(PGLS Owner)

PGLS is not affiliated in any way with the game creator Perfect Parallel.
To donate to PGLS click here

Return to “PGA 9”