Player Handicaps

This forum contains information you will find useful in using PGLS. If you have any suggestions for content in here please let us know.
Seasider47
Steam Profile name (Required): skeggy47
Has Liked: 61 times
Been Liked: 127 times

Re: Player Handicaps

Post by Seasider47 »

I asked Mike and Mark five years ago if we could set up a PG Classic Tour for 2 good reason

PG Classic ONLY uses real courses, none of these fantasy courses would be used
I along with other players purchased the Pay to Play courses that were available at the time, but there was no competition to use them so mainly they just sat on you PC. We didnt know then that PP parallel were going to dunp the game and at the same time release free the pay courses. It was desided has there were a lot of weekly courses at the time so it was desided to run it fortnightly. Mark decided it would be a good idea to add handicaps as an experiment.

That was 5 years ago, we still use good quality real courses and despite having large handicaps we still get a good turn out of Tour Pros joining in. It still gets a good turn out and is popular but I'm sure WTFRU115 if your not happy no one will miss you if you choose not to play lol
WTFRU115
Steam Profile name (Required): WTFRU115
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by WTFRU115 »

The Classic is the only tourney that gets a good turn out because of the handicap. The reason is because of the handicap being used to ensure a chance for anyone to win, not the selected "elite" class of players who btw don't have the guts to enter because their precious ego would be damaged. So due me a favor Seasider, and try to stay in your lane. You know the one of mediocrity.
Perculator
Steam Profile name (Required): Perculator
Has Liked: 65 times
Been Liked: 42 times

Post by Perculator »

WTFRU115 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:44 am The Classic is the only tourney that gets a good turn out because of the handicap. The reason is because of the handicap being used to ensure a chance for anyone to win, not the selected "elite" class of players who btw don't have the guts to enter because their precious ego would be damaged. So due me a favor Seasider, and try to stay in your lane. You know the one of mediocrity.
Guess you have never noticed NiBNob and his double-digit cap playing that tourney. He plays it quite a bit. Suck it up, stow your jealousy, you don't have the skills to compete with these guys, why torture yourself? Admit it, move on.
WTFRU115

Post by WTFRU115 »

Next!!!

Go on, send another from the knights at the round table... You have very little to say regarding a resolve to the issue of "Handicaps" . So far, all I see is excuses for not implementing it to the PGA 9 and 18. If you "the admin controlling this system" don't want to implement it, then give everyone in this forum a good reason not to. Excuses and criticism of other players skirts the issue, and is not constructive for the game. So when you "keyboard tough guys" wanna shoot off at the brain and apply those thoughts to the finger on the qwerty, you're part of the problem, and not for positive results. So be a good lil crony and keep it to yourself.
Perculator
Steam Profile name (Required): Perculator
Has Liked: 65 times
Been Liked: 42 times

Post by Perculator »

WTF is this crybaby? Lol, keyboard tough guy? You, sir, are a piece of work. You really should get over it.
NIBNOB
Steam Profile name (Required): marknibnoble
Has Liked: 125 times
Been Liked: 170 times

Post by NIBNOB »

If you want handicaps added to pga9 and pga18 then why not do it yourself.....when Mark posts final leader boards you can add classic handicaps using excel, then post the results here.....it mite be time consuming for you but some players mite be interested in your results.....not me.....i believe one classics handicapped event is enough, very enjoyable but if all tourneys went this way it would get boring.....

ps....stop having a go at players who dont agree with you.....show some respect
Riddler
Steam Profile name (Required): Riddler
Has Liked: 161 times
Been Liked: 263 times

Post by Riddler »

I dislike handicap tournaments. I have only starting playing the Classic because Caddyshack stopped his 9 hole tournament and I used that one for my warmups but now use the Classic as my warm up tour. Caddyshack also tried handicap but gave it up because of lack of participation. Handicap is not for all and should not be forced on us. One tournament is enough. If winning is your goal then improving your game is your answer. Much more rewarding when you are not using handicaps to win.
Mwh65
Site Admin
Steam Profile name (Required): Mwh65
Has Liked: 146 times
Been Liked: 404 times

Post by Mwh65 »

There are no plans to change any other tournies to a handicap system.
Mark Holliday (Mwh65)
(PGLS Owner)

PGLS is not affiliated in any way with the game creator Perfect Parallel.
To donate to PGLS click here
WTFRU115

Post by WTFRU115 »

Finally an official answer from someone who has a say in it. Thank you Mark.

btw NibNob, pass that advise to your lil pal perculator... he seems a bit disturbed. See you all out in the JNPG Lobby someday soon. We can discuss matters there is you like.

Cheers
Seasider47
Steam Profile name (Required): skeggy47
Has Liked: 61 times
Been Liked: 127 times

Post by Seasider47 »

WTF? WTF are you doing here lol. WTF? you seem a very dissagreeable fellow. If Your not happy, Why TF dont you leave before you get bounced lol.

Return to “General Discussion”