Any Change Requests For The 2022 Season

Post in here anything to do with the PGLS Tours tourney.
Perculator
Steam Profile name (Required): Perculator
Has Liked: 65 times
Been Liked: 42 times

Re: Any Change Requests For The 2022 Season

Post by Perculator »

I think we should make the PGLS Tour a weekly cut tournament. Make it the cream of the crop sort of weekly event. Making the cut (of which I am positive I would miss quite often) should be a bit special. Everyone should compete for the same points. Not forcing separate play each week would encourage social play and would make it soooo much easier for the setters. There is still the PGA 18, 9, and Stableford for those interested in that.

One hacks opinion.

Perc
Riddler
Steam Profile name (Required): Riddler
Has Liked: 161 times
Been Liked: 264 times

Post by Riddler »

NIBNOB wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:04 pm cut saturday midnight?

i like the idea of cut system but i think youll get a lot not finishing
Mark, Curious on why you think that a lot would not finish if they made the cut especially if we add the Fed-ex factor in. I would suggest members would need to participate and finish a number of PGLS Tour tournaments to be eligible to compete in the year end Fed-ex tournaments.
NIBNOB
Steam Profile name (Required): marknibnoble
Has Liked: 125 times
Been Liked: 171 times

Post by NIBNOB »

easy really....real life getting in the way....i find it best to finish as early as i can all the tourneys i want to play because come monday im back at work and dont always have time........im guessing others mite be in same boat.....but try it.....i do say i like the idea....
Golferdee
Steam Profile name (Required): steamydennis
Has Liked: 264 times
Been Liked: 129 times

Post by Golferdee »

Whatever the format is for 2022 let's hope it is one that is enjoyable for everyone regardless of their ability.
Riddler
Steam Profile name (Required): Riddler
Has Liked: 161 times
Been Liked: 264 times

Post by Riddler »

Golferdee wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:30 am Whatever the format is for 2022 let's hope it is one that is enjoyable for everyone regardless of their ability.
Exactly what we strive for every tournament. :biggrin:
gbodave

Steam Profile name (Required): Clubcaptain
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by gbodave »

The real European Tour has just re-named itself The DP World Tour which more accurately reflects their tournament spread geographically. If we followed that, and I hope we do, all course would be open for selection. As things stand, if there's a not so good course available on say, the Continental Tour, there might be a great course available that's set in the USA but it can't be considered beyond the limited guest appearance option. In a JNPG World Tour all are up for consideration ever week.

I don't relish the idea of a cut, because without a handicap system largely the same group of players will miss the cut. If I was one of them I'd have no incentive to play.

If we maintain the 2 tour system with a cut then the already small fields (other than TP on the USA Tour) will be drastically reduced at the business end of a tournament.

The suggestion made above of having one Tour with two, or even three divisions sounds good. For us mortals that can't compete with the top boys, we'd have more to play for in a division where the competition is within reach to enable a decent showing amonsgt players of similar capabilities.
Golferdee
Steam Profile name (Required): steamydennis
Has Liked: 264 times
Been Liked: 129 times

Post by Golferdee »

[quote=gbodave post_id=26575 time=1636577424 user_id=235]

I don't relish the idea of a cut, because without a handicap system largely the same group of players will miss the cut. If I was one of them I'd have no incentive to play.

If we maintain the 2 tour system with a cut then the already small fields (other than TP on the USA Tour) will be drastically reduced at the business end of a tournament.

I would agree with those comments.

Also not a real fan of the week 47 team format that we have this year. Could be hard for everyone to find a suitable team mate (preferably in their time zone). And if they can't do they just miss out after playing all year.

Return to “PGLS Tours”