EA PGA Golf

This forum contains information you will find useful in using PGLS. If you have any suggestions for content in here please let us know.
jspirate

Steam Profile name (Required): jspirate
Has Liked: 53 times
Been Liked: 64 times

Re: EA PGA Golf

Post by jspirate »

Riddler wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:14 pm I saw this on the EA site: PC mouse support additions. So any mouse will now allow you to play the game on your PC?
I could not get it to work with a mouse. You can click and navigate in-game, but not swing the golf club.
Well, I did get it to swing the club with programming, but that is because the game see's me using the "A" key to swing. I am using my mouse to click the "A" key.

My guess is that mouse support without programming is coming, but who knows???

There is so much stuff that doesn't work yet. Its flat out shameful they would release the game in its current state.

On the flip side, it is a heck of a lot of fun with 3-click mouse swing. I hope one of the next updates is alt-shot!
i7-8700K
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Pro
64 GB DDR4 3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
LG 32GK850G
Win 10 Home Premium on 1TB SSD

Courses:
Bradford Links
Ironwood
Cypress Landing & CL 3DG
Crow's Nest
187 CAGs and counting...
davefv92c
Steam Profile name (Required): davefv92c
Has Liked: 244 times
Been Liked: 140 times

Post by davefv92c »

I was able to program just about everything onto my mouse I will say works pretty well and I hit closer to a perfect shot
with the mouse and not the controller. as for the game sure there is a lot of stuff that needs work, but the good thing about that is there are people to work on it to make it better where we do not have that here I have not played PG since the EA game came out and doubt I do.
I am coming up close to 100 hours of play and will say I am very satisfied with it even with the high price.
CUK MANTIS SERIES.
Liquid Cooled Intel i9,32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD
RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU
35"CURVED VIOTEK MONITOR 200Hz
Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive
Klipsch Sound System
BENCHMARKS-
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/38611652
Golferdee
Steam Profile name (Required): steamydennis
Has Liked: 260 times
Been Liked: 129 times

Post by Golferdee »

jspirate wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:53 pm
Riddler wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:14 pm I saw this on the EA site: PC mouse support additions. So any mouse will now allow you to play the game on your PC?
I could not get it to work with a mouse. You can click and navigate in-game, but not swing the golf club.
Well, I did get it to swing the club with programming, but that is because the game see's me using the "A" key to swing. I am using my mouse to click the "A" key.

My guess is that mouse support without programming is coming, but who knows???

There is so much stuff that doesn't work yet. Its flat out shameful they would release the game in its current state.

Really doesn't make you want to buy this game with so many basic issues that don't work properly.

Surely the game should be able to cope properly with any mouse.
Golferdee

Post by Golferdee »

Just been reading the forum on EA PGA Golf and gee it sounds like they have plenty of issues that need fixing.
davefv92c

Post by davefv92c »

Golferdee wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 2:31 am Just been reading the forum on EA PGA Golf and gee it sounds like they have plenty of issues that need fixing.
if you would have been around at the start PG you would have seen the same thing
I pretty much think all games go through this kind of stuff when first coming out.
but PP had us all fooled they made us believe they would be here for the players and that was nothing
more than a big laugh. Even before they sold us out to Tracman they did not do much to fix the issues.
those clowns were doing nothing but waiting for a big payout that they got from TM. now if you look at the new EA game you will see TM
is involved there to but they did not end up with the whole game.
CUK MANTIS SERIES.
Klipsch Sound System
BENCHMARKS-
Golferdee

Post by Golferdee »

You make some good points there Dave.

The main issue I have is that apparently the game doesn't work the same with all mouses and it has been said that you need a programmable mouse.

That's a deal breaker for me until that's fixed. I only have a standard HP mouse.
jspirate

Steam Profile name (Required): jspirate
Has Liked: 53 times
Been Liked: 64 times

Post by jspirate »

Golferdee wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:13 am You make some good points there Dave.

The main issue I have is that apparently the game doesn't work the same with all mouses and it has been said that you need a programmable mouse.

That's a deal breaker for me until that's fixed. I only have a standard HP mouse.
It will be for alot of players. Who wants to spend $50 - 75 on a game and then need to drop another $35 on a mouse.

For that reason alone, they need to fix it so that it can be played with a mouse out of the box.
i7-8700K
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Pro
64 GB DDR4 3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
LG 32GK850G
Win 10 Home Premium on 1TB SSD

Courses:
Bradford Links
Ironwood
Cypress Landing & CL 3DG
Crow's Nest
187 CAGs and counting...
davefv92c

Post by davefv92c »

I look at it like this if it is something you really enjoy then with a 6-dollar mouse you get what you paid for.
I use a 40-dollar mouse with 16 programmable buttons. with PG I had everything programmed to the mouse and never had to visit the keyboard while playing. and just about got it all figured out for the EA game at this point I am only missing a couple of functions in that game till I won't need the keyboard for it while playing. also makes it easy to cast the game over to my 65 in tv and take the mouse to the recliner to play.
just can't figure out why so many are against spending a little money on something they really enjoy and to be honest the gaming mice are so much better than the cheap bottom-of-the-line mice.
CUK MANTIS SERIES.
Klipsch Sound System
BENCHMARKS-
Drgnslyr221
Steam Profile name (Required): Drgnslyr221
Has Liked: 28 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by Drgnslyr221 »

Golferdee wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 2:31 am Just been reading the forum on EA PGA Golf and gee it sounds like they have plenty of issues that need fixing.
On a forum for a game that still has many issues and is basically abandonware. The irony.
CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K - 99.2%
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080S (Super) - 141.8%
SSD: Intel 660p NVMe PCIe M.2 512GB - 160.5%
HDD: Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB - 109.3%
RAM: Hynix HMA82GU6CJR8N-VK 1x16GB - 51%
MBD: Asus ROG Strix G15CX_G15CX
bbbuckshot1
Steam Profile name (Required): BBBUCKSHOT1
Been Liked: 240 times

Post by bbbuckshot1 »

Dave, I have never seen/used a programmable mouse - I guess I'll have to educate myself even at 78 years old! LOL

Return to “General Discussion”