Can't play properly due stuttering

This forum contains information you will find useful in using PGLS. If you have any suggestions for content in here please let us know.
DrPredrag
Steam Profile name (Required): DrPredrag
Been Liked: 1 time

Can't play properly due stuttering

Post by DrPredrag »

Hello all!

I'm battling nasty stuttering in PG, from the start. I bought it couple of weeks ago, and still didn't fixed it. The amount of stuttering depends on a course it seems.

I've tried many things, from playing with in-game options, to nvidia control panel. Nothing works. Even bringing all course details sliders to 0 doesn't fix it. Instead, it brings issues as I can't see the trees etc.

So, in short, when I use vsync, stuttering is really frustrating, as it happens even during 3-click phase, so I usually miss the 3rd click, resulting in out of bounds in worst cases. With vsync off, except my GPU is screaming because the usage is 95% and above, and my 3090 eats over 350 watts of power, the stuttering a bit less pronounced, but it's still there, and still happen during 3-click phase.

I was on edge to ask Steam for a refund, but I was already at 4 hours gameplay time, so didn't even tried to contact them.

Also, I've applied even PGLS unofficial patch, that helped a bit on some courses, but on the last PGA 9 round it was even worse than before.

Stuttering is really noticeable in the video I've recorded, from 4:00 onward:

https://youtu.be/oGI1IQer50M?si=fVn_E_m6qW5ywG47

If anyone have any ideas how to fix the stuttering, I appreciate it!
David Duvail
Steam Profile name (Required): David Duvail
Has Liked: 37 times
Been Liked: 25 times

Re: Can't play properly due stuttering

Post by David Duvail »

I've had problems with the stuttering on some of the courses mostly its because of low frame rates or bad internet connection. check your ping when it gets bad, as far as how to correct it not sure, this game is getting old and not being updated while Steam gets update all the time not sure if thats the cause.
JoeMen
Steam Profile name (Required): JoeMen
Has Liked: 26 times
Been Liked: 24 times

Post by JoeMen »

I am not a computer expert, but the game is quite old now and should run on a gaming computer with a decent graphics card. Without knowing your hardware it is impossible to tell the reason of your issues. The game itself is not the problem for sure.
http://www.goranmentzer.st
PRO - Real Time Swing Mouse
LordTrev80
Steam Profile name (Required): Workforce47
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by LordTrev80 »

I had similar problems as yourself . What I had to do was sacrifice the better detailed graphics and set the game to these settings . Some courses are still hit and miss but the game is at least better to play .
Here is a screenshot of my settings .
Attachments
Screenshot (89).png

Return to “General Discussion”