WHAT A MATCH!!

Post here anything to do with the PGLS 9 and Match 9 ladders.
bobfletch

WHAT A MATCH!!

Post by bobfletch »

Yesterday Lee (Crusher) badgered me, in a friendly way, to challenge him in a Match9 game. Eventually I gave in and we teed it up at Belle Isles. Well, I wasn't prepared for what happened!! It was tight all the way with never more than one hole in it. Towards the end of the nine holes we both raised our game a couple of levels - chips and long putts finding the bottom of the cup, and then we were into sudden death. I had a chance to seal the win but inexplicably missed a 26-inch putt!! It all came to an end on the third extra hole, a par five, when my 3-wood second from the rough somehow scrambled on to the green and came to rest four feet from the pin. The ensuing eagle grabbed the victory in what was, without doubt, the most incredible matchplay game I've ever been involved in. What a buzz!! We had a great laugh along the way too, which made the experience all the more special. Thanks again Lee!!

I hope the forthcoming Presidents Cup match throws up at least a couple of matches like this one!!

Return to “PGLS 9 / Match 9”