Random Shutdowns

Post here anything to do with technical issues with computers in general. Don't expect a response but I'm sure people would be happy to try.
David Duvail
Steam Profile name (Required): David Duvail
Has Liked: 37 times
Been Liked: 25 times

Re: Random Shutdowns

Post by David Duvail »

Crusher, I have ordered a new power supply , although the one thats installed is running cool to the touch and is in it proper position. Just wondering if a fresh install of Windows 10 might help, your thoughts please.

Thanks
David
Crusher

Post by Crusher »

That is always a very good option rather than spending money on new hardware. BUT, be sure to make a System Backup before you install a fresh copy of Windows. If the problem continues to occur with a fresh copy of Windows then you can copy your System Backup and proceed with installing new hardware.

For easy backup I recommend the following free program. (you will need a second drive - external or internal)

https://www.easeus.com/download/tbf-download.html
David Duvail

Post by David Duvail »

So I have installed a new power supply yesterday and have not had a shutdown, will monitor it for a few more days.
Thanks for all the help.

David Duvail
Crusher

Post by Crusher »

BadRobot65 wrote:So I have installed a new power supply yesterday and have not had a shutdown, will monitor it for a few more days.
Thanks for all the help.

David Duvail
Outstanding! Sure beats having to reinstall your OS and programs. Happy for you! :good:
David Duvail

Post by David Duvail »

Its been 9 days since the new power supply install and not a lick of trouble.
Thanks for all that helped and made suggestions .
Crusher

Post by Crusher »

BadRobot65 wrote:Its been 9 days since the new power supply install and not a lick of trouble.
Thanks for all that helped and made suggestions .
You're very welcome. Nothing more frustrating then a computer glitch that causes the user to be leery all the time.

Lot cheaper than taking it to the store too. :good:
cubbies645
Steam Profile name (Required): Aristotle
Has Liked: 285 times
Been Liked: 52 times

Post by cubbies645 »

Sorry for your problem,s i have to programs i run Speccy this can tell u the temps on the internal pc components, also i run Msi afterburner that allows me to controls my fans by turning them up and down, Start there for trouble shooting, also like about power supply could be an issue, hope this helps.

Return to “Technical Support”