Migrating Windows from an HDD to an SSD

Post here anything to do with technical issues with computers in general. Don't expect a response but I'm sure people would be happy to try.
Armand
Steam Profile name (Required): Armand
Been Liked: 5 times

Re: Migrating Windows from an HDD to an SSD

Post by Armand »

Does this work with the Free version or do you need purchase the Home Version of EaseUS ($29 USD)? It appears the latter may be required.

I tried your method on a Gateway computer with Win10 (x64), and the computer didn't find a bootable SSD after the process; I ended up disconnecting the SSD and reconnected the HDD so that the computer would boot/run as usual. I was using a Western Digital SSD:
https://www.wdc.com/products/internal-s ... DS500G2B0A

Perhaps related (and I can't recall if this was before or after the HDD to SSD attempt), there was a wireless network card in the computer that caused grief with Windows update to 1709. It took an entire weekend for me to figure out that I needed to remove that unused card from the system before Windows would finally update to 1709.
Armand

Post by Armand »

I'll have to give it another go making sure I don't have the HDD connected when it boots up again. I may not have disconnected the SATA III cable, but I thought I had. I could see myself leaving the power cable connected to the HDD, though. :)

Regardless, I'll give it another go and see how it works out.
Armand

Post by Armand »

Crusher wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:24 am So how has your migration experience been?
The computer I will be working on is 3.5 hours drive away from me - it's doubtful that I'll get a chance to try until near Christmas.
:smile:

Return to “Technical Support”