WGT eTour

This forum contains information you will find useful in using PGLS. If you have any suggestions for content in here please let us know.
Biffa

WGT eTour

Post by Biffa »

For all you guys who think top players are all cheats here is WGTs top players playing a live tournament in front of cameras, no where to hide here. Maybe JNPG should arrange something similar.
https://www.facebook.com/worldgolftour/ ... 228655922/
For those without facebook its also on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaQw_oJRQSs
Perculator
Steam Profile name (Required): Perculator
Has Liked: 65 times
Been Liked: 42 times

Re: WGT eTour

Post by Perculator »

Unusual looking swing mechanics. Is that similar to power stroke on Links 2k3? I had no idea that WGT was big enough to actually have a televised event. PG looks much better though, IMO.

Perc
DCI_JONES
Steam Profile name (Required): DCI_JONES
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by DCI_JONES »

That looks such an inferior game to PG
Affo
Steam Profile name (Required): Affo
Has Liked: 61 times
Been Liked: 68 times

Post by Affo »

it is, it's purely ptw
The scores may be unrealistic, or even a joke but heyho, that's what we got.

Play well and enjoy your game everyone! :drinks:

btw, not a game for snowflakes.

https://www.twitch.tv/affo01

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWQQ0c ... dgs0U6nODQ
Biffa

Post by Biffa »

Both games have their plus and minus sides, I play and enjoy both, WGT has less game problems now than PG and the courses are spot on as they are actual photos of the course, however WGT can get expensive. However the point of my thread was not which one was the superior it was the fact the guys playing it at the top level were not cheating, they would have been exposed immediately in front of cameras and a live audience yet they produced great shots and scores. WGT was infested with cries of cheat, bit like here now, well these guys showed it can be done without cheating.
LES1959
Steam Profile name (Required): LES1959

Post by LES1959 »

WGT is a maths game, and if you dont know the calculations you aint much of a chance.i often go back just to check realism of courses, and can definitely say some of PGLS real life courses some holes are way out..
Some people are like slinkies. Not much good for anything but bring a smile to your face when you push them downstairs!
terbal
Steam Profile name (Required): terbal

Post by terbal »

the big thing is i can play wgt but cant play pg now. The greens on wgt are far more realistic than pg greens. also pg wont be on pc soon so they say.
Seasider47
Steam Profile name (Required): skeggy47
Has Liked: 61 times
Been Liked: 127 times

Post by Seasider47 »

I played WGT for 5 years before joining PG, Before that I had played at least 5 years on Links golf (which was at the time the best golf game). Coming over to PG was like going back to those gtreat days of Links, many of the people involved with Links where already here and at the time it was getting better and Better. Unfortunately track master took over PG and the game seems to be stuck in nowhere land but even with its faults IMO its still way ahead of WGT that relys on you having to purchase equipment to make improvements in your game. To play PG does require good equipment with new advances being made, it also requires determination and not equipment to advance through the levels. I don't know what the future of PG will bring but I won't be making any backward steps and believe there are are many more who like myself will continue to progress and enjoy what is still the best golf simulation on the market.
terbal
Steam Profile name (Required): terbal

Post by terbal »

pg has to many glitches that they have no intention solving because they are moving away from pc play. the greens on pg are just figments of the designers imagination and nothing like the real greens unlike wgt. I was on wgt for years but i never saw you on there paul?

Return to “General Discussion”