75Hz Monitors and nVidia chip graphic cards

Post here anything to do with technical issues with computers in general. Don't expect a response but I'm sure people would be happy to try.
Crusher

75Hz Monitors and nVidia chip graphic cards

Post by Crusher »

Yes there are many people who own monitors that refresh at 144Hz or higher. However, many of us still like the 1920x1080 60Hz to 75Hz monitors. The screenshot I made has the instructions on how to boost your monitor from 60 to 75 using the nVidia Control Panel. I am aware that 15 more hertz wouldn't seem to make a difference but the reading of text and smoothness of game play can be very noticeable by some gamers. I kept the instructions focused on an HDMI cable though there are two others that could work to get you to 75Hz.

This is one of hundreds of Lee's Tips I have sent to my clients over the years. I keep most of them backed up and shuffle through them from time to time to see if they may still be useful in modern times. I made this one in 2017 and felt some of you might find the instructions helpful.
NOTE: You are responsible for any outcome, good or bad - not me. :happy:

David Duvail
Steam Profile name (Required): David Duvail
Has Liked: 37 times
Been Liked: 25 times

Re: 75Hz Monitors and nVidia chip graphic cards

Post by David Duvail »

Where can I get the Nvida control panel,
Mwh65
Site Admin
Steam Profile name (Required): Mwh65
Has Liked: 146 times
Been Liked: 405 times

Post by Mwh65 »

If you have an nVidia graphic card and do a default installation of the drivers it should be available via the nVidia icon in the Windows 10 taskbar bottom right called 'NVIDIA Settings'.

If you right click that icon ''NVIDIA Control Panel' should be listed.
Mark Holliday (Mwh65)
(PGLS Owner)

PGLS is not affiliated in any way with the game creator Perfect Parallel.
To donate to PGLS click here
David Duvail

Post by David Duvail »

Mark I have the Icon, but it tells me the app is not installed.
Thanks
David
Crusher

Post by Crusher »

David Duvail wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:46 pm Mark I have the Icon, but it tells me the app is not installed.
Thanks
David
Sorry for the late reply. The new nVidia Control panel needs to be downloaded from Microsoft Store. It's free and it works just fine.

I have not read the reason why nVidia has decided to "not include" the control panel with the driver installation but if it's not there you can get directly from the store. Just search the store for "nvidia".
David Duvail

Post by David Duvail »

Thanks for the reply, I finely got it downloaded. but wasn't able to apply your settings,even though I do have a HDMI cable attached to my video card, which is a Nvida 1080 Geforce.
Crusher

Post by Crusher »

That's too bad. Here's another screenie I made showing steps 1 through 5. I am using a monitor that is set to 144Hz. You would type 75 in the same field at step #4. After you press "test" the monitor will go black for a few seconds then give you the results. If the test passes at 75 then click OK at the bottom of the panel.

Return to “Technical Support”