Makawee Country Club

Post here anything to do with the The Divisions tourney.
mwalimu
Steam Profile name (Required): mwalimu
Has Liked: 16 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Makawee Country Club

Post by mwalimu »

The current period's course, Makawee Country Club, is a real killer unless you're pretty accurate at hitting the snap, and a good example of "bowling alley fairways", which not only are they narrow but there's barely any rough before you're in the trees. Miss the snap by even a little bit on your tee shot and you'll be lucky to save par.
mwalimu

Chuck Norris can get an albatross on a par 3.
Seasider47
Steam Profile name (Required): skeggy47
Has Liked: 61 times
Been Liked: 127 times

Re: Makawee Country Club

Post by Seasider47 »

A very enjoyable course, I can think of many courses similar to this and require carefull carefull consideration to where to lay up if necessary. conditions were good too. i'm sure as you improve your game play you will be able to navigate this course quite well.
mwalimu
Steam Profile name (Required): mwalimu
Has Liked: 16 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Re: Makawee Country Club

Post by mwalimu »

Since lately I've still been doing worse than usual at hitting the snap in my rounds, and considering my experience with the front 9 of this course, for the back 9 I took the unusual step of switching to the Caliber ball. It helped. Some of my missed snaps that would have been in the trees instead ended up either near the edge of the fairway or in the rough outside it. Despite not being used to the shorter distances, I scored better.

On most other courses I can usually find an aim/distance that will give me a fairly safe landing area, one with some margin for error on the snap, and the ones where I have to hit it just right are limited to risk/reward situations. On Makawee, it's like most of the tee shots are risk/reward, and the Caliber ball is needed to have any decent margin for error.
mwalimu

Chuck Norris can get an albatross on a par 3.

Return to “The Divisions”