a point about points

Post in here anything to do with the PGLS Tours tourney.
Perculator
Steam Profile name (Required): Perculator
Has Liked: 65 times
Been Liked: 42 times

Re: a point about points

Post by Perculator »

Let's have a poll? LOL
Duval 59
Steam Profile name (Required): Duval 59

Post by Duval 59 »

And Dave, :biggrin:
"Grip It & Rip It"
Duval 59

Post by Duval 59 »

Perculator wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:50 pm
RandyG wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:27 pm Well the post did cross over and cover a few issues; points, level playing field and handicaps.

One thing is certain; once you master TP there is no movement to make it a challenge other than a swing change and that would be up to the player IMHO.

randy
I think there are far more people, like myself, that play 3 click TP but come nowhere near mastering it. The 4 or 5 guys at the top do not even get a look from me. I pick a few players that I want to compete with and go from there. Bottom line 3 click Tour Pro is more than enough challenge for me.
That's exactly what I'm getting at Perc & Randy. Everyone has their limits at differing levels and swing type. Levels does not bring them together. Only a simple handicap system like you expressed can. But, like I stated, in order to beat people or compete with everyone else one would have to continually get better until everyone is playing at their best in that system at whatever level they choose or whatever swing type they choose. Right now I cannot be competitive at PRO motion swing. Would I like to be tour pro, hell yes, but with motion swing I would be hitting +12 every round. Nothing wrong with 3 click, I just don't like 3 clickers at the highest level pushing motion swingers to move up is ridiculous. In my opinion tour pro for 3 clickers is Pro level for motion swingers, and pro level for 3 clickers is Amateur for motion swingers.
"Grip It & Rip It"
Duval 59

Post by Duval 59 »

terbal wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:57 pm
RandyG wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:27 pm Well the post did cross over and cover a few issues; points, level playing field and handicaps.

One thing is certain; once you master TP there is no movement to make it a challenge other than a swing change and that would be up to the player IMHO.

randy
i moved myself to tp level and didnt find it much different from pro level except the aiming. but looking at the top players i accepted the fact with my equipment i wasnt going to get near the top of the overall leaderboard so went back to pro hoping i could win enough points to compete but alas that is not possible with the system as it is. if i play well ill be fighting for 20th overall. this is not my reason for playing im a very competitive person and the incentive is not there anymore.maybe i need to move on will give it a lot of thinking.
I resemble your thoughts as well Terbal. I play the game for fun, but, I can't help but be a little competitive as well. It is a game for heaven's sake, and I am a sports type of guy. I always want to get better at what I do, but like in real life, some are gifted with more raw ability and the conveniences of money and gym's to work on their trade more. Same with the game. Some have tempo and course management built in them along with wonderful graphics cards and internet connections to help. While some are penalized with having to work harder to master their trade because they are not gifted and have limited equipment. Sound right?
"Grip It & Rip It"
davefv92c
Steam Profile name (Required): davefv92c
Has Liked: 244 times
Been Liked: 140 times

Post by davefv92c »

CUK MANTIS SERIES.
Liquid Cooled Intel i9,32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD
RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU
35"CURVED VIOTEK MONITOR 200Hz
Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive
Klipsch Sound System
BENCHMARKS-
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/38611652
Duval 59

Post by Duval 59 »

terbal wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:46 pm the fact you mention that 4 pro's are in top 20 is not a justification but an indictment of the system.
I should rather think we should have 8 tp's, 6 pro, and 6 am's in the top 20. That's comp for all. :joy:
"Grip It & Rip It"
Duval 59

Post by Duval 59 »

davefv92c wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:18 am cybergedeon-dont-feed-trolls.jpg
WOW. I can handle a PM brother. Don't highjack the thread please with this stuff. Others are trying to have a real conversation here. Thanks.
"Grip It & Rip It"
Duval 59

Post by Duval 59 »

Seasider47 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:52 pm In Fact if you look in PGLS Stats for January 2020 thier are 36 Tour Pros listed, Of these 26 of them are in the top 40 players. There are 13 Pros listed in the top 40 some of these will move up to Tour Pro in the future. There is just one Amateur in the top 60 who is expected to move up to pro very soon.

The stats show that most players are in the correct level of play much more than they have in the past.
For now. What about those players that will not be able to move up from amateur because they will never be able to get any better. They in turn will not be able to compete with all those players at the top you just mentioned. Shall we throw them to the wayside or keep encouraging them in their endless endeavor to move higher when they've stayed at the same level for so long? Have we even looked at those who's handicap has not changed in the last 2 years significantly to warrant a move higher. What are those peoples options? Exactly my point, you just made it.
"Grip It & Rip It"
Duval 59

Post by Duval 59 »

cubbies645 wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:17 am terbal u are about a pest that u cant dispose of u keep coming back and back nothing works, must be either lonely, bored, love to be in the mix and have the final word something weird like that, pretty much every post u have something to say like u are the godsent of the fourms, the master of the comments im sure i am going to catch some shit about this for u are a god and nothing can strike u down the real admin of the pgls but u know what cubbies is not afired so bring it bottom feeder lmao, i expect a ban so ill take my punishment for voicing my opinion, as the communist party rules the vote is in and this is my thought,s so bring it and all your back up i am ready, what u got to say now terbal... :mad: :mad:
Cmon now cubbies, let's not get too personal here. Sometimes I agree with people and sometimes I don't. We're just trying to make some points in this thread and Andy has been nice enough to let us vent about how to make PGLS better for tour play and more. Terbal has pointed out some issues that could really be looked at here. I did not see any threads from you before this one. I'd like to here about what's been presented, from your thought's. :clapping:
"Grip It & Rip It"
Duval 59

Post by Duval 59 »

Biffa wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:37 pm
davefv92c wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:10 pm but a mouse and a straight edge
will on motion, that is the main reason I quit playing motion swing
Are you serious? so a straight edge will give you the perfect tempo every shot? On motion horizontal I used to move my mouse about one inch back and an inch forward to achieve a full meter swing, a straight edge isn't needed if you cannot do a straight line moving the mouse an inch then either practice or find another swing type. Motion swing is all about tempo nothing more nothing less if your tempo is off your all over the park, if its on you can get a decent round. I wish people would try out what they are saying before posting crap, do us all a favour go to motion swing horizontal or vertical try using a straight edge and see where it gets you before accusing different swing types of cheating (this is not at you dave but in general) Or maybe ask ALEXA to swing for you with a perfect tempo.
davefv92c wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:10 pm the controller is so easy to cheat with, which was the main reason I quit playing TGC
In TGC Tours if anything is a miss with the swing it alerts the moderators and your scores are removed from that event under their fair play policy
http://tgctours.proboards.com/thread/12 ... lay-policy. This is with controller or mouse.
terbal wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:56 pm if you use a controller for motion it can be manipulated and a mouse can be as well x & y axis and 3 click can use 2 mice. same on tgc les
If we listen to all the cheat shouters we wouldn't play jack shit Terry, these are online games meant for fun, you win nothing, LIFE IS TOO SHORT.
Biffa, thanks for the truth statement. Motion swing is all about tempo, very much harder to get right. Not only is it the take back, but the follow through as well. And, including another aspect is the left and right. The higher you go in levels the harder it get for following through exactly straight in a y axis. Almost impossible at tour pro without a straight edge. Maybe get it right at best 20% of the time as where you want it to go. Extremely tough. AND, then the tempo, which is the highest handicap for motion swingers has to be exact as well. You are absolutely right, don't knock what we are saying until you try it. This all ain't for my health now fellas!!!!!!!
"Grip It & Rip It"

Return to “PGLS Tours”